We arrived home safely in Germany and have had a chance to reflect on the trip - Just a couple of points I'd like to share.
1. Ensure everyone travelling in the car knows the route, is familiar with the map and can articlulate directions in a pinch. Our downtown Zurich GPS directed detour at rush hour could have been avoided if we had a good map with an experienced navigator. Driving is not fun otherwise.
2. Windy Italien mountain roads are fun to drive on - it would have been more fun in a sports car, rather than the Hyundi. Scaring mom and Brenna and almost making them sick also added interest.
3. Mom's new friend is lemoncielo (an Italien liquor). Unfortunately it didn't like mom.
4. Brenna can't act innocent when she is in fact guilty. We stopped at the beach in Bonosollo for a couple hours. We tried to purchase a train ticket to Cinque Terre but the ticket machine was broken, the ticket and tourist offices were closed, so we had to get on the train without tickets for a couple stops. She acted so guilty it was hilarious, particularly when we decided to get off when the conductor began checking tickets. Fortunately we were able to purchase a return ticket.
5. Make sure to alot time to actually do the blog - relax, relax, relax.